Sunday, February 8, 2015

Embroidered tissue boxes - when I couldn't find ones that matched well enough

I'm kind of a stickler for personalization and coordination. Between the two houses that means six bathrooms between them. I'm fine with two in the Virginia house but I never found one I liked for the master bath when we redid it a few years ago. Same with the lake house.

I wanted to match one for the master bath in Virginia with the shower curtain and matching towels I embroidered when we completed that renovation:

Using the same type face and a little more detail this was the box I made to match:

All four sides are the same on this one. I used some linen I found from a project I never got off the ground. It worked quite well.
The other four, three for the PA bathrooms and one for the PA sewing room were done with embroidery from Emblibrary. The ones for the white and green bathroom match the hand towels I embroidered and the one for the gold bathroom I found at Emblibrary.
These have four different faces so here are the four sides of each box:

I used quilt cotton for the three bathrooms and some of the linen I found for the sewing room one.
The boxes came from Sew For Less. They are acrylic and anything can be added to them - pictures, embroidery, anything flat. This was a fun project and a bit of a break from clothing which I will be returning to after this. I did wanted to make sure I had these ready for my next trip north.

No comments: