Tuesday, August 26, 2014

And the suspense is over - my Patternreview Wardrobe Contest surprise!

Okay, so the suspense is over. All or at least most of us got our surprises from the wardrobe contest. I
couldn't be happier! This is what I got:

I've come to the conclusion that I want to sew either self drafted, computer drafted, magazine patterns (Burda, Bernina Inspirations), book patterns (Collette and  Quadrille Publishing  for example) or independent patterns. In other words not the big 4 right now. The independents can be pricey but the companies are run by some very creative people.

Deer and Doe is a french company owned by Eleonore Klein  and ever since I've read about them I've wanted to try one of their patterns. So this was a wonderful surprise! These patterns are created and printed in France on recycled paper so that works for the Prius driving tree hugger in me.

So after I'm finished with the T shirt marathon I've been on (on number 6 right now) this will be my next project. After all I can always use another nice fall jacket!

This is the link to their site: Deer and Doe Patterns

No comments: